Militant leader escapes from police station
Imphal: A top militant leader has escaped from
a police station in Imphal East district of Manipur by
allegedly digging a tunnel under the floor which was not in a
good condition, official sources said on Wednesday.
The leader who escaped from Porompat police station
yesterday was identified as the self-styled
`commander-in-chief` of banned Kangleipak Communist
Party-Mobile Task Force (KCP-MTF) Sunil Meitei, the sources
Seven police personnel, including officer in charge of the
police station Gitchandra Singh have been suspended for
negligence of duty, the sources said.
Director General of Police (DGP) Manipur Y Joykumar
announced a cash reward of Rs 1 lakh for anyone who could
give information that would lead to the rearrest of the
Meitei who was involved in several cases of extortion,
killings and attacks on security personnel was arrested from
Bangalore by Delhi police personnel on June 29 last year and
brought to Imphal with security escort.
The sources said all police stations particularly in four
valley districts of Imphal East, Imphal West, Bishenpur and
Thoubal have been alerted to step up patrolling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan