Militant leader shot dead along with daughter in M
Imphal: Self-styled `home secretary` of militant outfit Kuki Liberation Army (KLA) and his two-year-old daughter were allegedly shot dead by unidentified gunmen in interior Senapati district of Manipur while his driver sustained injuries, police said on Sunday.
Three well-armed militants stopped Seikhohao Khongsaid alias Marvin`s vehicle at Pukhao Ahallup Chingya under Saikul sub-division, about 35 kms north east of here, when he along with family members was returning from Churachandpur district to his house at Saikul area yesterday, police said.
The militants dragged Marvin to the corner of a hill and shot him dead from point blank range, they said, adding that his daughter Zoukim Kuki, who received fatal wounds, succumbed to injuries at a hospital here today.
A five-year-old boy, Haominglung and the driver Aleng Khongsaid (24) were also injured when the militants fired at the vehicle, police said, adding that Marvin`s wife, Mansonel (27) however, escaped unhurt.
KLA is engaged in the process of holding peace talks with the government and its cadres were sometimes allowed free movement, they said, adding that a rival faction appeared to be behind the incident.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime.
More than six militant outfits are engaged in the process of holding peace talks with the government. KLA, an armed wing of Kuki National Organisation is one of them, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir