Militant leader shot dead along with daughter in M
Imphal: Self-styled `home secretary` of militant outfit Kuki Liberation Army (KLA) and his two-year-old daughter were allegedly shot dead by unidentified gunmen in interior Senapati district of Manipur while his driver sustained injuries, police said on Sunday.
Three well-armed militants stopped Seikhohao Khongsaid alias Marvin`s vehicle at Pukhao Ahallup Chingya under Saikul sub-division, about 35 kms north east of here, when he along with family members was returning from Churachandpur district to his house at Saikul area yesterday, police said.
The militants dragged Marvin to the corner of a hill and shot him dead from point blank range, they said, adding that his daughter Zoukim Kuki, who received fatal wounds, succumbed to injuries at a hospital here today.
A five-year-old boy, Haominglung and the driver Aleng Khongsaid (24) were also injured when the militants fired at the vehicle, police said, adding that Marvin`s wife, Mansonel (27) however, escaped unhurt.
KLA is engaged in the process of holding peace talks with the government and its cadres were sometimes allowed free movement, they said, adding that a rival faction appeared to be behind the incident.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime.
More than six militant outfits are engaged in the process of holding peace talks with the government. KLA, an armed wing of Kuki National Organisation is one of them, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16