Militants abduct three in Tripura
Agartala: Three tribal youths have been abducted by the insurgents of banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) from Purbashinghapara, a remote tribal hamlet in Dhalai district, police said Tuesday.
The armed insurgents raided the village yesterday and picked up Birendra Tripura (16), Chitta Tripura (15) and Subrata Kumar Tripura (19) as they declined to pay money to them.
Immediately after the incident, the rebels crossed the Indo-Bangla border and entered the Chittagong Hill Tract of the neighbouring country, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi