Militants abduct three in Tripura
Agartala: Three tribal youths have been abducted by the insurgents of banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) from Purbashinghapara, a remote tribal hamlet in Dhalai district, police said Tuesday.
The armed insurgents raided the village yesterday and picked up Birendra Tripura (16), Chitta Tripura (15) and Subrata Kumar Tripura (19) as they declined to pay money to them.
Immediately after the incident, the rebels crossed the Indo-Bangla border and entered the Chittagong Hill Tract of the neighbouring country, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report