Militants abduct village leader in Manipur
Imphal: Suspected Kuki militants have abducted a Naga villager leader from Saikul area in Senapati district of Manipur, police said on Monday.
Mathotmi Chahong, Secretary of Island Tangkhul village, was abducted from his house by suspected armed Kuki militants on February 7 last.
Various social organisations including United Naga Council have urged the abductors to release Chahong safely and urgently.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility.
More than 1000 lives had been lost during ethnic clashes between the Nagas and the Kukis in early 1990s.
The clashes broke out when both the Nagas and the Kukis wanted to drive out each other from their strongholds in the state, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Two Mexican kidnappers sentenced to 520 years in prison
- California wildfire spreads to over 11,000 acres
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer