Militants attack CRPF party in Tamenglong district
Imphal: Militants opened fire at a CRPF party at Noney in interior Tamenglong district of Manipur leading to an intense exchange of fire, police Thursday said.
The militants opened fire at a Road Opening Party of the 86th CRPF battalion yesterday when the paramilitary forces were patrolling Imphal-Jiribam- Silchar-National Highway 37 at Noney, about 47 KM west of here.
On hearing gunshots, Assam Rifles personnel of the 10th battalion rushed to the spot and launched a manhunt, but no arrest was made, the police said.
On June 24 last, there was a heavy exchange of fire between Assam Rifles personnel and suspected militants of National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang) faction at the same spot during which six militants were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Sad but true! Women in India earn 19% less than men, says report
- Jayalalithaa thanks Stalin for attending her swearing-in ceremony, says 'no intent to disrespect him or DMK'
- Snapdeal CPO Anand Chandrasekaran quits
- IT department to 'name and shame' crorepati defaulters this fiscal
- Father and son cut open a wasp's nest – Watch video to find out what's inside!