Militants attack CRPF party in Tamenglong district
Imphal: Militants opened fire at a CRPF party at Noney in interior Tamenglong district of Manipur leading to an intense exchange of fire, police Thursday said.
The militants opened fire at a Road Opening Party of the 86th CRPF battalion yesterday when the paramilitary forces were patrolling Imphal-Jiribam- Silchar-National Highway 37 at Noney, about 47 KM west of here.
On hearing gunshots, Assam Rifles personnel of the 10th battalion rushed to the spot and launched a manhunt, but no arrest was made, the police said.
On June 24 last, there was a heavy exchange of fire between Assam Rifles personnel and suspected militants of National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang) faction at the same spot during which six militants were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption