Militants attack CRPF party in Tamenglong district
Imphal: Militants opened fire at a CRPF party at Noney in interior Tamenglong district of Manipur leading to an intense exchange of fire, police Thursday said.
The militants opened fire at a Road Opening Party of the 86th CRPF battalion yesterday when the paramilitary forces were patrolling Imphal-Jiribam- Silchar-National Highway 37 at Noney, about 47 KM west of here.
On hearing gunshots, Assam Rifles personnel of the 10th battalion rushed to the spot and launched a manhunt, but no arrest was made, the police said.
On June 24 last, there was a heavy exchange of fire between Assam Rifles personnel and suspected militants of National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang) faction at the same spot during which six militants were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test