Militants attack CRPF party in Tamenglong district
Imphal: Militants opened fire at a CRPF party at Noney in interior Tamenglong district of Manipur leading to an intense exchange of fire, police Thursday said.
The militants opened fire at a Road Opening Party of the 86th CRPF battalion yesterday when the paramilitary forces were patrolling Imphal-Jiribam- Silchar-National Highway 37 at Noney, about 47 KM west of here.
On hearing gunshots, Assam Rifles personnel of the 10th battalion rushed to the spot and launched a manhunt, but no arrest was made, the police said.
On June 24 last, there was a heavy exchange of fire between Assam Rifles personnel and suspected militants of National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang) faction at the same spot during which six militants were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir