Militants attack CRPF party in Tamenglong district
Imphal: Militants opened fire at a CRPF party at Noney in interior Tamenglong district of Manipur leading to an intense exchange of fire, police Thursday said.
The militants opened fire at a Road Opening Party of the 86th CRPF battalion yesterday when the paramilitary forces were patrolling Imphal-Jiribam- Silchar-National Highway 37 at Noney, about 47 KM west of here.
On hearing gunshots, Assam Rifles personnel of the 10th battalion rushed to the spot and launched a manhunt, but no arrest was made, the police said.
On June 24 last, there was a heavy exchange of fire between Assam Rifles personnel and suspected militants of National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang) faction at the same spot during which six militants were killed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs