Militants attack FCI godown near Imphal
Imphal: Militants lobbed a grenade at a Food Corporation of India (FCI) godown at Sangaiporou area in Imphal West district but no casualty was reported, official sources said on Friday.
The militants lobbed the grenade at the godown at around 9 pm yesterday.
The godown was guarded by central paramilitary forces at Sangaiporou, about 7 km from here.
The officer in charge of nearby Lamphel police station along with police personnel rushed to the spot and was investigating the incident.
Several militant groups had been making extortion demand on FCI officials for the last few years.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state