Militants attack FCI godown near Imphal
Imphal: Militants lobbed a grenade at a Food Corporation of India (FCI) godown at Sangaiporou area in Imphal West district but no casualty was reported, official sources said on Friday.
The militants lobbed the grenade at the godown at around 9 pm yesterday.
The godown was guarded by central paramilitary forces at Sangaiporou, about 7 km from here.
The officer in charge of nearby Lamphel police station along with police personnel rushed to the spot and was investigating the incident.
Several militant groups had been making extortion demand on FCI officials for the last few years.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM