Militants attack FCI godown near Imphal
Imphal: Militants lobbed a grenade at a Food Corporation of India (FCI) godown at Sangaiporou area in Imphal West district but no casualty was reported, official sources said on Friday.
The militants lobbed the grenade at the godown at around 9 pm yesterday.
The godown was guarded by central paramilitary forces at Sangaiporou, about 7 km from here.
The officer in charge of nearby Lamphel police station along with police personnel rushed to the spot and was investigating the incident.
Several militant groups had been making extortion demand on FCI officials for the last few years.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report