Militants attack govt official`s house in Imphal; one injured
Imphal: A labourer was injured when unidentified militants exploded a powerful grenade at the house of a Manipur government official in Imphal West district on Wednesday, official sources said.
The militants who came to the house of Thoubal District Transport Officer Simon Keishing at Deulaland area near here at around 11.30 am and exploded the grenade injuring one of the labourers who were repairing the boundary wall of the house, sources said.
The victim Ram Dev (35) from Bihar sustained injuries on his hand and leg.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime, police said.
Police said monetary demand from the official by a militant faction could be one of the reasons, but it would be confirmed only after proper investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad