Militants attack govt official`s house in Imphal; one injured
Imphal: A labourer was injured when unidentified militants exploded a powerful grenade at the house of a Manipur government official in Imphal West district on Wednesday, official sources said.
The militants who came to the house of Thoubal District Transport Officer Simon Keishing at Deulaland area near here at around 11.30 am and exploded the grenade injuring one of the labourers who were repairing the boundary wall of the house, sources said.
The victim Ram Dev (35) from Bihar sustained injuries on his hand and leg.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime, police said.
Police said monetary demand from the official by a militant faction could be one of the reasons, but it would be confirmed only after proper investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress