Militants attack govt official`s house; one hurt
Imphal: A labourer was injured when unidentified militants exploded a powerful grenade at the house of a Manipur government official in Imphal West district today, official sources said.
The militants who came to the house of Thoubal District Transport Officer Simon Keishing at Deulaland area near here at around 11.30 am and exploded the grenade injuring one of the labourers who were repairing the boundary wall of the house, sources said.
The victim Ram Dev (35) from Bihar sustained injuries on his hand and leg.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime, police said.
Police said monetary demand from the official by a militant faction could be one of the reasons, but it would be confirmed only after proper investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users