Militants attack govt official`s house; one hurt
Imphal: A labourer was injured when unidentified militants exploded a powerful grenade at the house of a Manipur government official in Imphal West district today, official sources said.
The militants who came to the house of Thoubal District Transport Officer Simon Keishing at Deulaland area near here at around 11.30 am and exploded the grenade injuring one of the labourers who were repairing the boundary wall of the house, sources said.
The victim Ram Dev (35) from Bihar sustained injuries on his hand and leg.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the crime, police said.
Police said monetary demand from the official by a militant faction could be one of the reasons, but it would be confirmed only after proper investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption