Militants attack house of contractor in Imphal
Imphal: Suspected militants hurled a grenade at the house of a government contractor here but no one was hurt in the incident in Imphal east district of Manipur, police said on Tuesday.
The militants exploded the powerful grenade at the gate of government contractor Kh. Surjit at Ningthem Pukhri Mapal area near here last midnight when Surjit and family members were sleeping.
No casualty was reported but the explosion destroyed windows of three houses, including Surjit`s, police said, adding that the attackers escaped under the cover of darkness.
The motive behind the attack was not known as family sources of the contractor said no militant outfit had demanded money from them.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility.
Police said they would investigate whether the case was connected with extortion or it had to do with the contract work of a rival contractor awarded to Surjit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country