Militants attack house of contractor in Imphal
Imphal: Suspected militants hurled a grenade at the house of a government contractor here but no one was hurt in the incident in Imphal east district of Manipur, police said on Tuesday.
The militants exploded the powerful grenade at the gate of government contractor Kh. Surjit at Ningthem Pukhri Mapal area near here last midnight when Surjit and family members were sleeping.
No casualty was reported but the explosion destroyed windows of three houses, including Surjit`s, police said, adding that the attackers escaped under the cover of darkness.
The motive behind the attack was not known as family sources of the contractor said no militant outfit had demanded money from them.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility.
Police said they would investigate whether the case was connected with extortion or it had to do with the contract work of a rival contractor awarded to Surjit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur