Militants attack Manipur government official`s residence
Imphal: Militants attacked the house of a Manipur government official in Imphal East district by hurling a powerful grenade, the police said on Monday.
The ultras lobbed the explosive at the residence of state forest department ranger Konsam Achouba at interior Pourabi Mayai Leikai village yesterday but the grenade failed to explode.
Achouba and his family members were present at the time of the incident, they said, adding that no individual or group has claimed responsibility for the attack.
Family members of the official said a militant outfit had demanded a huge sum of money from the family about a month ago but they have not contacted the family after that.
In another incident, commandos attached to Thoubal district police in interior Manipur, arrested two insurgents of the banned People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak-Progressive (PREPAK-P) identified as sisters Ningombam Pramodini and Ningthoujam Manimacha from Sekmaijin area in Thoubal district yesterday.
A 9mm pistol along with some rounds of ammunition and `letters demanding money from the public` were allegedly recovered from the possession of the two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming