Militants attack Manipur minister`s house
Imphal: Unidentified militants attacked the
private house of Manipur`s Health Minister L Jayenta Kumar in
Imphal West district by exploding a grenade which injured a
passer-by, official sources said.
The militants lobbed the grenade at around 7 pm last
night when the minister was outside the house campaigning for
the forthcoming assembly elections on January 28.
A woman identified as Memcha Devi who was standing around
Kumar`s house was injured besides and two vehicles parked in
nearby were damaged, sources said.
Kumar said no militant organisation had demanded money
from him and it was not known who lobbed the grenades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug