Militants attack official`s residence in Manipur
Imphal: Militants lobbed a grenade at the residence of a Manipur government official in Imphal West district, but it did not explode, official reports said Monday.
The militants threw the grenade at the residence of executive engineer of Lokta Lake Development Authority Ashem Kumarjit yesterday at Singjamei Naorem Leikai area under Singjamei police station.
The official and his family were not present at the time.
The grenade was later defused by bomb experts.
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident.
Police said they would investigate whether it was related to extortion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead