Militants call off road blockade in Manipur
Imphal: Kuki militants, who were to begin an indefinite road blockade between Imphal and Ukhrul district headquarters, have called off the stir following an appeal from different social organisations.
The blockade was to start from 6 PM yesterday.
"We received an appeal from Tangkhul Katamnao Saklong (a Tangkhul Naga social organisation), Kuki Students Organisation (Ukhrul) and others to call off the indefinite road blockade," Kuki National Assembly (KNA) leader Rex Kuki told reporters this morning.
They might resort to road blockade from June 16 if their demand was not met, he said.
He said KNA was to begin the indefinite road blockade in protest against the alleged seizure of a pistol by NSCN-IM members from KNA activists at Mahadev Lamkhai area on June 8 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth