Militants call off road blockade in Manipur
Imphal: Kuki militants, who were to begin an indefinite road blockade between Imphal and Ukhrul district headquarters, have called off the stir following an appeal from different social organisations.
The blockade was to start from 6 PM yesterday.
"We received an appeal from Tangkhul Katamnao Saklong (a Tangkhul Naga social organisation), Kuki Students Organisation (Ukhrul) and others to call off the indefinite road blockade," Kuki National Assembly (KNA) leader Rex Kuki told reporters this morning.
They might resort to road blockade from June 16 if their demand was not met, he said.
He said KNA was to begin the indefinite road blockade in protest against the alleged seizure of a pistol by NSCN-IM members from KNA activists at Mahadev Lamkhai area on June 8 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter