Militants call off road blockade in Manipur
Imphal: Kuki militants, who were to begin an indefinite road blockade between Imphal and Ukhrul district headquarters, have called off the stir following an appeal from different social organisations.
The blockade was to start from 6 PM yesterday.
"We received an appeal from Tangkhul Katamnao Saklong (a Tangkhul Naga social organisation), Kuki Students Organisation (Ukhrul) and others to call off the indefinite road blockade," Kuki National Assembly (KNA) leader Rex Kuki told reporters this morning.
They might resort to road blockade from June 16 if their demand was not met, he said.
He said KNA was to begin the indefinite road blockade in protest against the alleged seizure of a pistol by NSCN-IM members from KNA activists at Mahadev Lamkhai area on June 8 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what