Militants explode bomb at minister`s residence
Imphal: Unidentified militants exploded a powerful bomb at the private residence of a Manipur minister in Bishenpur district, police said here on Thursday.
However, there was no report of any casualty.
The ultras yesterday hurled the grenade at the residence of Social Welfare minister N Loken at Nambol Leimapokpam and it exploded near its gate, they said.
The minister and his family members were not present at the house when the incident took place as they stay at government quarters at Babupara area, police said.
Police are investigating whether the attack was connected with monetary demand from the minister or some other matter.
No individual or group so far has claimed the responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security