Militants explode bomb at minister`s residence
Imphal: Unidentified militants exploded a powerful bomb at the private residence of a Manipur minister in Bishenpur district, police said here on Thursday.
However, there was no report of any casualty.
The ultras yesterday hurled the grenade at the residence of Social Welfare minister N Loken at Nambol Leimapokpam and it exploded near its gate, they said.
The minister and his family members were not present at the house when the incident took place as they stay at government quarters at Babupara area, police said.
Police are investigating whether the attack was connected with monetary demand from the minister or some other matter.
No individual or group so far has claimed the responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday