Militants explode grenades at the houses of Manipur officials
Imphal: Unidentified militants attacked the houses of two Manipur government officials in separate incidents by exploding grenades but no casualty was reported, official sources said Thursday.
The militants exploded grenades at the house of Director of Sericulture department, Th Thaibemma, at Top Khongnangkhong in Imphal East district yesterday, sources said adding that a small portion of the house was damaged.
In another incident at 9.45 pm yesterday, militants exploded a powerful grenade at the executive engineer of Loktak Development Authority, Asem Kumarjit at Shingjamei
Naorem Leikia area in Imphal west district, sources said.
They said monetary demand from the officials could be the cause of the incident.
No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...