Militants explode grenades at the houses of Manipur officials
Imphal: Unidentified militants attacked the houses of two Manipur government officials in separate incidents by exploding grenades but no casualty was reported, official sources said Thursday.
The militants exploded grenades at the house of Director of Sericulture department, Th Thaibemma, at Top Khongnangkhong in Imphal East district yesterday, sources said adding that a small portion of the house was damaged.
In another incident at 9.45 pm yesterday, militants exploded a powerful grenade at the executive engineer of Loktak Development Authority, Asem Kumarjit at Shingjamei
Naorem Leikia area in Imphal west district, sources said.
They said monetary demand from the officials could be the cause of the incident.
No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen