Militants explode grenades at the houses of Manipur officials
Imphal: Unidentified militants attacked the houses of two Manipur government officials in separate incidents by exploding grenades but no casualty was reported, official sources said Thursday.
The militants exploded grenades at the house of Director of Sericulture department, Th Thaibemma, at Top Khongnangkhong in Imphal East district yesterday, sources said adding that a small portion of the house was damaged.
In another incident at 9.45 pm yesterday, militants exploded a powerful grenade at the executive engineer of Loktak Development Authority, Asem Kumarjit at Shingjamei
Naorem Leikia area in Imphal west district, sources said.
They said monetary demand from the officials could be the cause of the incident.
No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September