Militants explode grenades at the houses of Manipur officials
Imphal: Unidentified militants attacked the houses of two Manipur government officials in separate incidents by exploding grenades but no casualty was reported, official sources said Thursday.
The militants exploded grenades at the house of Director of Sericulture department, Th Thaibemma, at Top Khongnangkhong in Imphal East district yesterday, sources said adding that a small portion of the house was damaged.
In another incident at 9.45 pm yesterday, militants exploded a powerful grenade at the executive engineer of Loktak Development Authority, Asem Kumarjit at Shingjamei
Naorem Leikia area in Imphal west district, sources said.
They said monetary demand from the officials could be the cause of the incident.
No individual or group has so far claimed responsibility.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet