Militants explode two grenades in Imphal
Militants exploded two powerful bombs near the office of an NGO in Imphal East district of Manipur but no casualty was reported, officials said .
The bombs exploded at around 10.30 PM last night at Napet Palli area under Heingang police station, about 15 kms from here but no one was injured, they said.
A militant group had demanded extortion of Rs 10 lakh from the NGO, Educated Farmers Association (EFA).
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!
- Protests over 'sacrilegious act' in Jammu, case registered