Militants explode two grenades in Imphal
Militants exploded two powerful bombs near the office of an NGO in Imphal East district of Manipur but no casualty was reported, officials said .
The bombs exploded at around 10.30 PM last night at Napet Palli area under Heingang police station, about 15 kms from here but no one was injured, they said.
A militant group had demanded extortion of Rs 10 lakh from the NGO, Educated Farmers Association (EFA).
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Vikas Krishan, Manoj Kumar book Olympic berths in Baku
- Is Kashmir major cause of tension between India and Pakistan? Pak Army says 'Yes'
- Cheers! Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approves sale of liquor in tetra packs
- Congress leader Sheila Dikshit to head panel for Indira Gandhi Birth Centenary Celebrations
- IIFA diaries: Athiya Shetty basking under Spanish sun!