Militants explode two grenades in Imphal
Militants exploded two powerful bombs near the office of an NGO in Imphal East district of Manipur but no casualty was reported, officials said .
The bombs exploded at around 10.30 PM last night at Napet Palli area under Heingang police station, about 15 kms from here but no one was injured, they said.
A militant group had demanded extortion of Rs 10 lakh from the NGO, Educated Farmers Association (EFA).
No individual or group has claimed responsibility for the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader
- Trump economics would 'bankrupt America', says Clinton
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today