Militants hurl bomb at educational institution in Manipur
Imphal: Some unidentified militants hurled a powerful grenade at the premises of an educational institute in Imphal west district of Manipur but it failed to explode, official sources said on Wednesday.
The militants lobbed the grenade at the complex of Little Mastern English School in interior Samurou village at around 9.30 PM last night, they said.
Police today defused the grenade, sources said, adding that this was the second time the militants hurled the grenade at the school after May last month.
Earlier, after the May incident, school authorities had appealed to the people not to disturb the academic atmosphere in the school complex.
Sources said police posts particularly in valley districts of Imphal east, Imphal west, Bishenpur and Thoubal have been frequently put on alert because of hurling of grenades and bombs at many places.
Police posts have also been asked to step up patrolling and checking of passers-by to intercept the movement of the armed ultras within their jurisdiction, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab