Militants hurl bomb at educational institution in Manipur
Imphal: Some unidentified militants hurled a powerful grenade at the premises of an educational institute in Imphal west district of Manipur but it failed to explode, official sources said on Wednesday.
The militants lobbed the grenade at the complex of Little Mastern English School in interior Samurou village at around 9.30 PM last night, they said.
Police today defused the grenade, sources said, adding that this was the second time the militants hurled the grenade at the school after May last month.
Earlier, after the May incident, school authorities had appealed to the people not to disturb the academic atmosphere in the school complex.
Sources said police posts particularly in valley districts of Imphal east, Imphal west, Bishenpur and Thoubal have been frequently put on alert because of hurling of grenades and bombs at many places.
Police posts have also been asked to step up patrolling and checking of passers-by to intercept the movement of the armed ultras within their jurisdiction, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users