Militants hurl bomb at educational institution in Manipur
Imphal: Some unidentified militants hurled a powerful grenade at the premises of an educational institute in Imphal west district of Manipur but it failed to explode, official sources said on Wednesday.
The militants lobbed the grenade at the complex of Little Mastern English School in interior Samurou village at around 9.30 PM last night, they said.
Police today defused the grenade, sources said, adding that this was the second time the militants hurled the grenade at the school after May last month.
Earlier, after the May incident, school authorities had appealed to the people not to disturb the academic atmosphere in the school complex.
Sources said police posts particularly in valley districts of Imphal east, Imphal west, Bishenpur and Thoubal have been frequently put on alert because of hurling of grenades and bombs at many places.
Police posts have also been asked to step up patrolling and checking of passers-by to intercept the movement of the armed ultras within their jurisdiction, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes