Militants hurl bomb at educational institution in Manipur
Imphal: Some unidentified militants hurled a powerful grenade at the premises of an educational institute in Imphal west district of Manipur but it failed to explode, official sources said on Wednesday.
The militants lobbed the grenade at the complex of Little Mastern English School in interior Samurou village at around 9.30 PM last night, they said.
Police today defused the grenade, sources said, adding that this was the second time the militants hurled the grenade at the school after May last month.
Earlier, after the May incident, school authorities had appealed to the people not to disturb the academic atmosphere in the school complex.
Sources said police posts particularly in valley districts of Imphal east, Imphal west, Bishenpur and Thoubal have been frequently put on alert because of hurling of grenades and bombs at many places.
Police posts have also been asked to step up patrolling and checking of passers-by to intercept the movement of the armed ultras within their jurisdiction, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'