Militants hurl grenade at Manipur minister`s house
Imphal: Militants lobbed a powerful grenade at the residence of Manipur Irrigation and Flood control Minister Ngamthang Haokip in the heart of Imphal town but it failed to explode, officials said on Saurday.
The grenade was hurled by two militants at Haokip`s house at New Chekon area, amid tight security deployment in Imphal West district, at around 7 pm yesterday but it did not explode.
The militants escaped under the cover of darkness.
Haokip was not present and in his office at the time of the incident after the tree plantation function at the catchment area of Singda dam in Churachandpur district,they said adding that his family members were, however, inside the house.
Talking to reporters at his office last evening, Haokip said police bomb experts later removed the grenade and wondered why security personnel could not detect movement of ultras, moving with explosives in high security Imphal area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj