Militants hurl powerful grenades at two officials` houses
Imphal: Unidentified militants hurled powerful grenades at the residence of two Manipur government officials but the grenades failed to explode, official reports said here on Friday.
Reports said the militants lobbed a powerful grenade at the house of joint director of Municipal Administration Housing and Urban Development (MAHUD) Bhaktaraj Singh late last at Wahengbam Leikai area near here in Imphal West district.
The official and his family members were not present at the house at the time of the incident, the reports said.
The motive behind the crime was unknown. Monetary demand by the militants could be one of the reasons, the reports said.
In another incident late last night, militants also hurled a powerful grenade at the house of Bimola Devi, private assistant to state health minister PH Parijat, at her house at Nongpok Kakching in Imphal East district but it failed to explode.
The militants of a particular militant outfit have been attacking or kidnapping persons close to Parijat in the past few weeks because the minister refused to fulfill demands
of the outfit which included appointment of persons recommended by the militants in his department and giving contract works to the militants in the health department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day