Militants lobbed grenade at a brick farm in interi
Imphal: Unidentified militants hurled a grenade at a brick farm in interior Thoubal district of Manipur but no casualty is reported, police said Wednesday.
The militants lobbed the grenade and also a hand-written note yesterday at the brick farm owned by M R Gopi (43) at Phundrei Kombirei village, about 45 km south-east of here, they said.
The note reportedly written by banned Kangleipak Communist Party-Malemnganba faction, asked Gopi to contact the banned outfit, sources said adding that the incident was connected with monetary demand from Gopi.
Meanwhile, police sources said all police and security posts at interior areas have been asked to remain alert and intensify patrolling within their jurisdiction because of frequent incident of attacks at private and public places by militants by hurling grenades in the recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon