Militants lobbed grenade at a brick farm in interi
Imphal: Unidentified militants hurled a grenade at a brick farm in interior Thoubal district of Manipur but no casualty is reported, police said Wednesday.
The militants lobbed the grenade and also a hand-written note yesterday at the brick farm owned by M R Gopi (43) at Phundrei Kombirei village, about 45 km south-east of here, they said.
The note reportedly written by banned Kangleipak Communist Party-Malemnganba faction, asked Gopi to contact the banned outfit, sources said adding that the incident was connected with monetary demand from Gopi.
Meanwhile, police sources said all police and security posts at interior areas have been asked to remain alert and intensify patrolling within their jurisdiction because of frequent incident of attacks at private and public places by militants by hurling grenades in the recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder