Militants lobbed grenade at a brick farm in interi
Imphal: Unidentified militants hurled a grenade at a brick farm in interior Thoubal district of Manipur but no casualty is reported, police said Wednesday.
The militants lobbed the grenade and also a hand-written note yesterday at the brick farm owned by M R Gopi (43) at Phundrei Kombirei village, about 45 km south-east of here, they said.
The note reportedly written by banned Kangleipak Communist Party-Malemnganba faction, asked Gopi to contact the banned outfit, sources said adding that the incident was connected with monetary demand from Gopi.
Meanwhile, police sources said all police and security posts at interior areas have been asked to remain alert and intensify patrolling within their jurisdiction because of frequent incident of attacks at private and public places by militants by hurling grenades in the recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth