Minor girl gang-raped in Assam
Barpeta (Assam): A 15-year-old girl was allegedly gang-raped after being kidnapped by a group of youths at Suhabill Dalani in Barpeta district, police said on Tuesday.
One Saiful Islam along with a group of youths kidnapped the girl by tying a cloth around her face as she was coming out of her house on the night of June 17, as per the FIR lodged by her relatives on June 20.
Threatening to kill her, they gang-raped her till she fell unconscious before abandoning her near her house, the FIR said.
The girl was recovered there next morning in an unconscious state, it said.
A search is on to arrest the culprits, police said.
The All Assam Minorities Students Union (AAMSU) Barpeta district Unit Secretary Maniruj Zamman has demanded "the criminals be punished severely. Otherwise we will start an agitation."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram