Minor girl raped, killed in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: A minor girl was allegedly raped and killed before her body was thrown into a jungle at Bhalukpong in West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh.
The three-year-old girl was raped and murdered by Labi Tuksa on Tuesday, police said on Wednesday.
The minor was taken away from her house around 9 AM and then raped and murdered by the accused, leaving her body at a jungle area.
It was also learnt that the accused was well acquainted with the victim`s family and used to visit their home almost on a daily basis, police said.
A case has been registered with the Bhalukpong police station and investigation is on.
After the kid went missing around 9 AM, her mother reported the matter to the Bhalukpong police station and the officer in charge Mipak Riba swung into action.
Tuksa, an acquaintance of the girl`s family who was seen visiting her house at Khula Camp, was rounded up on suspicion by police, who spilled the beans.
He had taken the girl to a tourist lodge at Bhalukpong, raped her and dumped her body in the nearby jungle after murdering her, they said.
West Kameng SP Nupur Prasad informed that the accused had admitted of committing the crime during interrogation and later he led the police to recover the body.
This is the fifth case of rape and murder in the state after a Class VI student was allegedly raped by a constable of the Indian Reserve Battalion (IRB) after he forced her to drink alcohol at Longding on March 2 last.
A minor girl was raped by Chakma refugees on February 11 last when she, along with her friends, had gone on a picnic on the banks of the Bereng river at Chowkham in Lohit district.
The rape and murder of a school girl in Tawang district, bordering China, on August 02 last year and arrest of eight students of her school had sparked a public outcry in the state.
Eight students, including a girl, of the same school were arrested in connection with the incident.
A girl was brutally murdered after raped while she was on way to school by foot on September 12 last year by Bangladeshi refugees in East Siang district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India