Minor raped and murdered in Tripura
Agartala: A five-year-old girl was allegedly raped and killed by a youth at Chelagang in Gomati district, police said on Saturday.
The girl was abducted from the premises of a temple by 28-year-old Sanjit Saha when her father had gone to a nearby place leaving her alone on Thursday.
She was taken to an adjacent jungle where she was raped and killed. Later, her body was dumped in a septic tank, police said.
Her body was traced by local villagers along with the Tripura State Rifles jawans yesterday.
The jawans, who joined the villagers in their search from a local camp, detained Saha who admitted his crime.
Angry villagers ransacked the house of Saha.
IG, Police Control, Nepal Das said Saha has been arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...