Miscreants damage Mahatma Gandhi’s statue
Itanagar: Unidentified miscreants damaged the
statues of Mahatma Gandhi, Dying Ering, architect of modern
Arunachal and of some local deities at the gate of a school at
Pasighat, district headquarters town of East Siang district,
official sources said on Monday.
The miscreants damaged the statues of Mahatma Gandhi,
Dying Ering and of some local deities at the gate of IGJ
Higher Secondary school at Pasighat on Saturday night, the
Terming the incident as national shame, Education
minister Bosiram Siram directed police and civil
administration officials to act promptly with an iron hand to
apprehend and award exemplary punishments, so none dares to repeat in future, sources said.
Lok Sabha member Ninong Ering, son of Dying Ering,
condemned the act and wanted the culprits to be booked under the National Security Act (NSA), as they have dishonoured the father of the nation.
"The entire civil society should help the police and the
administration by providing clues for arresting these
criminals, who have disrepute to the state, known for its
patriotic fervour," he said in a statement today.
"Nobody will be spared and no stone will be left unturned
to bring the antisocial elements to book for their dastardly
act," East Siang deputy commissioner Talem Tapok said, adding an FIR has been lodged and a magisterial probe ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!