Miscreants damage Mahatma Gandhi’s statue
Itanagar: Unidentified miscreants damaged the
statues of Mahatma Gandhi, Dying Ering, architect of modern
Arunachal and of some local deities at the gate of a school at
Pasighat, district headquarters town of East Siang district,
official sources said on Monday.
The miscreants damaged the statues of Mahatma Gandhi,
Dying Ering and of some local deities at the gate of IGJ
Higher Secondary school at Pasighat on Saturday night, the
Terming the incident as national shame, Education
minister Bosiram Siram directed police and civil
administration officials to act promptly with an iron hand to
apprehend and award exemplary punishments, so none dares to repeat in future, sources said.
Lok Sabha member Ninong Ering, son of Dying Ering,
condemned the act and wanted the culprits to be booked under the National Security Act (NSA), as they have dishonoured the father of the nation.
"The entire civil society should help the police and the
administration by providing clues for arresting these
criminals, who have disrepute to the state, known for its
patriotic fervour," he said in a statement today.
"Nobody will be spared and no stone will be left unturned
to bring the antisocial elements to book for their dastardly
act," East Siang deputy commissioner Talem Tapok said, adding an FIR has been lodged and a magisterial probe ordered.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India