Miscreants damage Mahatma Gandhi’s statue
Itanagar: Unidentified miscreants damaged the
statues of Mahatma Gandhi, Dying Ering, architect of modern
Arunachal and of some local deities at the gate of a school at
Pasighat, district headquarters town of East Siang district,
official sources said on Monday.
The miscreants damaged the statues of Mahatma Gandhi,
Dying Ering and of some local deities at the gate of IGJ
Higher Secondary school at Pasighat on Saturday night, the
Terming the incident as national shame, Education
minister Bosiram Siram directed police and civil
administration officials to act promptly with an iron hand to
apprehend and award exemplary punishments, so none dares to repeat in future, sources said.
Lok Sabha member Ninong Ering, son of Dying Ering,
condemned the act and wanted the culprits to be booked under the National Security Act (NSA), as they have dishonoured the father of the nation.
"The entire civil society should help the police and the
administration by providing clues for arresting these
criminals, who have disrepute to the state, known for its
patriotic fervour," he said in a statement today.
"Nobody will be spared and no stone will be left unturned
to bring the antisocial elements to book for their dastardly
act," East Siang deputy commissioner Talem Tapok said, adding an FIR has been lodged and a magisterial probe ordered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31