Miscreants loot computers from school in Manipur
Imphal: Ten computers were stolen from the premises of a school in Imphal west district of Manipur, official sources said on Tuesday.
Miscreants broke open the computer room of Mekola Gulap Higher Secondary School, about 25 km from here, late last night and looted the computers which were provided to the school by the state education department.
Since there was no regular chowkidar, some local persons were engaged to look after the school on rotation basis but last night the person who was supposed to guard the school did not turn up.
Principal M Joykumar said the incident came to light morning when a peon entered the computer room to clean it.
A complaint was lodged at Nambol police station.
The person who was to guard the school last night has been picked up for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video