Missing IPS officer`s case handed over to SIT
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government on Friday handed over the case of missing IPS officer M S Chauhan to a Special Investigation Team of the state police, official sources said.
Chauhan, who is the SP of the Special Investigation Cell of the state police, went missing mysteriously from Tippi on Tuesday when he was going to Tawang from Itanagar with inspector Mohan Kaye and constable Vikram Singh.
He had handed over one of his cell phones to his driver while leaving the vehicle at Tippi market and asked them to wait for him at a nearby river where he was supposed to join them for lunch.
IGP (Crime) Arvind Deep yesterday informed that the police had definite clues on Chauhan’s whereabouts and the case would be cracked soon.
Chauhan who was transferred to Delhi on October 8 and relieved from duty on October 10 surprisingly did not leave the state.
An IPS officer of 1998 batch of the Union Territory cadre, Chauhan is heading the SIC constituted by the Gauhati High Court in 2008 to probe the multi-crore PDS scam in the state.
He had charge-sheeted 56 persons including former chief minister Gegong Apang, five Congress MLAs, two ministers besides several IAS officer and contractors in the scam.
He was waiting for prosecution sanction of the Arunachal Pradesh government against another 36 accused in the Rs 1000 crore PDS scam. He was also instrumental in stalling the release of 56 crore to PDS contractors through an affidavit of the Arunachal Pradesh government in the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter