Missing man`s body parts found in several places
Shillong: In a grisly incident, chopped body parts of a traditional healer were found from several places in Meghalaya`s East Khasi Hills district, police said on Saturday.
"While the man`s head and one of his lower limbs were recovered near one of the internal roads leading to Lynshing village, about 40 km from here, his upper limbs and his head were recovered in pieces from a nearby jungle in the village yesterday," East Khasi Hills SP M Kharkrang said.
The victim has been identified as Lovelystar Khongjoh (45) who hails from nearby Umblai village. He had gone missing since Christmas eve, he said.
Khongjoh, a herbal practitioner by profession, is suspected to have been looted and murdered on Christmas Eve when he had gone to Lynshing village for shopping, police said.
The villagers along with the police are still searching for Khongjoh`s torso.
His other body parts were kept at the morgue of the civil hospital here for post-mortem and a case registered, the police said, adding investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India