Mizo govt to talk to HPC-D militants
Aizawl: The Mizoram government and the
Manipur`s Hmar People`s Convention - Democrats (HPC-D) would
hold talks here tomorrow to find an amicable solution to the
Hmar problem in the state.
A five-member HPC-D delegation led by Ropuia, the
self-styled army chief of the militant group, arrived here
today for the talks, a senior state home department official
The Mizoram government would be represented by a team
of officials led by Home Secretary Lalmalsawma and included C.
Thanchhuma Aizawl DC, Saizela Deputy Inspector of Police, C.
Laldina SP (CID,SB) and Hriatpuia Under Secretary for Home.
Earlier, Lalmalsawma told PTI that the talks would be
unconditional and the demands put forward by the HPC-D would
be deliberated in the negotiations.
The HPC-D, a breakaway group of the HPC which signed
an agreement with the state government in 1994, has been
demanding a autonomy for the Hmar inhabited areas in the
The Hmar Students Association (HSA) welcomed the
initiative to hold talks and expressed the hope that an
amicable solution would be reached for the Hmar problems and
bring lasting peace to Hmar inhabited areas in the north
eastern parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves