Mizo govt to talk to HPC-D militants
Aizawl: The Mizoram government and the
Manipur`s Hmar People`s Convention - Democrats (HPC-D) would
hold talks here tomorrow to find an amicable solution to the
Hmar problem in the state.
A five-member HPC-D delegation led by Ropuia, the
self-styled army chief of the militant group, arrived here
today for the talks, a senior state home department official
The Mizoram government would be represented by a team
of officials led by Home Secretary Lalmalsawma and included C.
Thanchhuma Aizawl DC, Saizela Deputy Inspector of Police, C.
Laldina SP (CID,SB) and Hriatpuia Under Secretary for Home.
Earlier, Lalmalsawma told PTI that the talks would be
unconditional and the demands put forward by the HPC-D would
be deliberated in the negotiations.
The HPC-D, a breakaway group of the HPC which signed
an agreement with the state government in 1994, has been
demanding a autonomy for the Hmar inhabited areas in the
The Hmar Students Association (HSA) welcomed the
initiative to hold talks and expressed the hope that an
amicable solution would be reached for the Hmar problems and
bring lasting peace to Hmar inhabited areas in the north
eastern parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan