Mizo home minister appeals HPC-D ultras to shun vi
Aizawl: Mizoram Home Minister R Lalzirliana on Saturday renewed his appeal to the Manipur-based Hmar People`s Convention - Democrats (HPC-D) militants to shun the path of violence and come overground.
Lalzirliana said he extended general amnesty to those who were willing to return to normal life.
Talking to reporters, he, however, warned that the police would continue crackdown on the militants who were continuing violent activities.
Earlier too, the home minister had appealed to HPC-D ultras to come overground.
"If they come overground, we would offer general amnesty and rehabilitate them by giving financial assistance through the New Land Use Policy (NLUP) and other governmental programmes," he said.
He said the Congress, after coming to power in 2008 never regarded HPC-D cadres as insurgents, but their activities like intimidation and extortion prompted the government to order a crackdown.
The recent arrests of HPC-D top brass like its chairman H Zosangbera, `Army chief` Lalropuia and `Deputy Army Chief` Biaknunga were fallout of the outfit`s cadres in illegal and violent activities, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in