Mizo home minister appeals HPC-D ultras to shun vi
Aizawl: Mizoram Home Minister R Lalzirliana on Saturday renewed his appeal to the Manipur-based Hmar People`s Convention - Democrats (HPC-D) militants to shun the path of violence and come overground.
Lalzirliana said he extended general amnesty to those who were willing to return to normal life.
Talking to reporters, he, however, warned that the police would continue crackdown on the militants who were continuing violent activities.
Earlier too, the home minister had appealed to HPC-D ultras to come overground.
"If they come overground, we would offer general amnesty and rehabilitate them by giving financial assistance through the New Land Use Policy (NLUP) and other governmental programmes," he said.
He said the Congress, after coming to power in 2008 never regarded HPC-D cadres as insurgents, but their activities like intimidation and extortion prompted the government to order a crackdown.
The recent arrests of HPC-D top brass like its chairman H Zosangbera, `Army chief` Lalropuia and `Deputy Army Chief` Biaknunga were fallout of the outfit`s cadres in illegal and violent activities, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly