Mizo Home minister for stringent action against insurgents
Aizawl: Mizoram Home Minister R Lalzirliana
on Thursday said the state government would take stringent action
against insurgents and other criminal elements, especially
those coming from Myanmar.
Lalzirliana told reporters that insurgents like the Hmar
People`s Convention (Democrats), operating in Manipur, would
not be allowed to indulge in unlawful activities on Mizoram
"We have booked some people who had helped the Hmar
insurgents in their activities to extort money from the people
living in the border areas," he said.
He said many ethnic Mizos coming from Myanmar are
involved in drug trafficking and other criminal activities
like murder, rape and robbery. Foreigners Act would be
strictly enforced and those committing crime in Mizoram would
be deported en masse if they continue illegal activities.
"We may face international outcry, but we may have to
take appropriate action in order to enforce strict law and
order in the state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing