Mizo Home minister for stringent action against insurgents
Aizawl: Mizoram Home Minister R Lalzirliana
on Thursday said the state government would take stringent action
against insurgents and other criminal elements, especially
those coming from Myanmar.
Lalzirliana told reporters that insurgents like the Hmar
People`s Convention (Democrats), operating in Manipur, would
not be allowed to indulge in unlawful activities on Mizoram
"We have booked some people who had helped the Hmar
insurgents in their activities to extort money from the people
living in the border areas," he said.
He said many ethnic Mizos coming from Myanmar are
involved in drug trafficking and other criminal activities
like murder, rape and robbery. Foreigners Act would be
strictly enforced and those committing crime in Mizoram would
be deported en masse if they continue illegal activities.
"We may face international outcry, but we may have to
take appropriate action in order to enforce strict law and
order in the state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand