Mizo Home minister for stringent action against insurgents
Aizawl: Mizoram Home Minister R Lalzirliana
on Thursday said the state government would take stringent action
against insurgents and other criminal elements, especially
those coming from Myanmar.
Lalzirliana told reporters that insurgents like the Hmar
People`s Convention (Democrats), operating in Manipur, would
not be allowed to indulge in unlawful activities on Mizoram
"We have booked some people who had helped the Hmar
insurgents in their activities to extort money from the people
living in the border areas," he said.
He said many ethnic Mizos coming from Myanmar are
involved in drug trafficking and other criminal activities
like murder, rape and robbery. Foreigners Act would be
strictly enforced and those committing crime in Mizoram would
be deported en masse if they continue illegal activities.
"We may face international outcry, but we may have to
take appropriate action in order to enforce strict law and
order in the state," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal