Mizo Students Union demonstrates in front of Raj Bhavan
Aizawl: Protesting over the alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl from the northeast in Delhi on February 7, the Mizo Students Union (MSU) today organised a demonstration in front of the Raj Bhavan here.
MSU leaders said that the protest is against the Centre which failed to protect the Mizos and other people from the northeast.
"Police officials in Delhi refused to register a case about the incident even after an FIR was submitted," the MSU statement said.
Meanwhile, the North East Students Organisation (NESO) would be organising a protest on Friday when the Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP) or the Mizo students association would also submit a memorandum to the President and the Prime Minister through the state governor Vakkom Purushothaman, it said.
The teen who hails from Mizoram was living in Delhi since the last six months while her parents are settled in Manipur.
She was allegedly raped by her landlord`s son, Ashish alias Vicky, in Munirka area sparking off protests in the national capital, days after the death of another youth from the Northeast in an alleged racist attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say