Mizo Students Union demonstrates in front of Raj Bhavan
Aizawl: Protesting over the alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl from the northeast in Delhi on February 7, the Mizo Students Union (MSU) today organised a demonstration in front of the Raj Bhavan here.
MSU leaders said that the protest is against the Centre which failed to protect the Mizos and other people from the northeast.
"Police officials in Delhi refused to register a case about the incident even after an FIR was submitted," the MSU statement said.
Meanwhile, the North East Students Organisation (NESO) would be organising a protest on Friday when the Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP) or the Mizo students association would also submit a memorandum to the President and the Prime Minister through the state governor Vakkom Purushothaman, it said.
The teen who hails from Mizoram was living in Delhi since the last six months while her parents are settled in Manipur.
She was allegedly raped by her landlord`s son, Ashish alias Vicky, in Munirka area sparking off protests in the national capital, days after the death of another youth from the Northeast in an alleged racist attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- HUGE HONOUR! PM Narendra Modi featured in Obama's DNC introduction video - WATCH
- NASA reveals new information on Sun's magnetic field and its kin!
- Argentine FA hope for Lionel Messi international U-turn
- Sebastian Vettel confident of Ferrari future despite James Allison exit
- Paes story: Seven-up Leander has Olympic Games in blood