Mizo Students Union demonstrates in front of Raj Bhavan
Aizawl: Protesting over the alleged rape of a 14-year-old girl from the northeast in Delhi on February 7, the Mizo Students Union (MSU) today organised a demonstration in front of the Raj Bhavan here.
MSU leaders said that the protest is against the Centre which failed to protect the Mizos and other people from the northeast.
"Police officials in Delhi refused to register a case about the incident even after an FIR was submitted," the MSU statement said.
Meanwhile, the North East Students Organisation (NESO) would be organising a protest on Friday when the Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP) or the Mizo students association would also submit a memorandum to the President and the Prime Minister through the state governor Vakkom Purushothaman, it said.
The teen who hails from Mizoram was living in Delhi since the last six months while her parents are settled in Manipur.
She was allegedly raped by her landlord`s son, Ashish alias Vicky, in Munirka area sparking off protests in the national capital, days after the death of another youth from the Northeast in an alleged racist attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you