Mizoram affected by bandh
Aizawl: Normal life was completely disrupted in Aizawl city as the 12-hour bandh called by the Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP) or the Mizo Students Federation, to protest attacks against people from the north-east, received huge public support.
All government offices, banks, financial institutions, educational institutions and shops and business establishments remained close for the day.
Except for student volunteers, law enforcement officials and media persons, people remained indoors and vehicles were off the road making the city wore a deserted look.
Aizawl District Superintendent of Police P L R Dingliana Sailo told PTI that the bandh was peaceful and no untoward incident has been reported from anywhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details