Mizoram affected by bandh
Aizawl: Normal life was completely disrupted in Aizawl city as the 12-hour bandh called by the Mizo Zirlai Pawl (MZP) or the Mizo Students Federation, to protest attacks against people from the north-east, received huge public support.
All government offices, banks, financial institutions, educational institutions and shops and business establishments remained close for the day.
Except for student volunteers, law enforcement officials and media persons, people remained indoors and vehicles were off the road making the city wore a deserted look.
Aizawl District Superintendent of Police P L R Dingliana Sailo told PTI that the bandh was peaceful and no untoward incident has been reported from anywhere.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials