Mizoram Assembly Budget session from Mar 12 to Apr
Aizawl: Business Advisory Committee (BAC) of the Mizoram legislature on Tuesday decided that the budget session of the assembly summoned by the state Governor Vakkom Purushothaman to commence from March 12 would continue till April three, assembly secretary Ngurthanzuala said.
Ngurthanzual said that the BAC, which held a meeting here under the chairmanship of Speaker R. Romawia to chalk out the detailed programme of the session also decided that the Governor would deliver his customary gubernatorial address on March 12, the first day of the session and the motion of thanks on the Governor`s address would be deliberated on March 13.
The state annual budget for 2013-2014 would be presented in the legislature by the Finance minister H Liansailova on March 15 and the House was scheduled to approve the budget by March 28, he added.
Meanwhile, state Finance department officials said that Liansailova would present the full state budget even as the Planning Commission was yet to allocate the state annual plan outlay for the next fiscal.
The increase in the plan outlay would be appropriated and incorporated in the second supplementary demands for grants to be again presented in the assembly during the course of the financial year, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing