Mizoram Assembly passes Budget
Aizawl: Mizoram Assembly on Thursday passed the annual Budget for 2013-14 amounting to Rs 5,245.34 crore.
The Budget comprised of non-plan provision amounting to Rs 2,945.11 crore, plan allocation of Rs 2,300 crore and CSS amounting to Rs 22.86 lakh.
Mizoram Finance Minister Liansailova who had presented the Budget on March 15 in his Budget speech said that though the Planning Commission was yet to allocate the state annual plan outlay for 2013-14, he presented a regular Budget without vote-on-account in the final year of this ministry`s tenure.
He said that he kept the plan size as that of the current fiscal`s plan allocation at Rs 2,300 crore though it was expected that the Planning Commission would increase the plan allocation by at least ten per cent.
Any increase in the state plan allocation would be incorporated and he would again seek the approval of the state legislature in the form of second supplementary demand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons