Mizoram Assembly passes Budget
Aizawl: Mizoram Assembly on Thursday passed the annual Budget for 2013-14 amounting to Rs 5,245.34 crore.
The Budget comprised of non-plan provision amounting to Rs 2,945.11 crore, plan allocation of Rs 2,300 crore and CSS amounting to Rs 22.86 lakh.
Mizoram Finance Minister Liansailova who had presented the Budget on March 15 in his Budget speech said that though the Planning Commission was yet to allocate the state annual plan outlay for 2013-14, he presented a regular Budget without vote-on-account in the final year of this ministry`s tenure.
He said that he kept the plan size as that of the current fiscal`s plan allocation at Rs 2,300 crore though it was expected that the Planning Commission would increase the plan allocation by at least ten per cent.
Any increase in the state plan allocation would be incorporated and he would again seek the approval of the state legislature in the form of second supplementary demand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal