Mizoram Assembly passes Budget
Aizawl: Mizoram Assembly on Thursday passed the annual Budget for 2013-14 amounting to Rs 5,245.34 crore.
The Budget comprised of non-plan provision amounting to Rs 2,945.11 crore, plan allocation of Rs 2,300 crore and CSS amounting to Rs 22.86 lakh.
Mizoram Finance Minister Liansailova who had presented the Budget on March 15 in his Budget speech said that though the Planning Commission was yet to allocate the state annual plan outlay for 2013-14, he presented a regular Budget without vote-on-account in the final year of this ministry`s tenure.
He said that he kept the plan size as that of the current fiscal`s plan allocation at Rs 2,300 crore though it was expected that the Planning Commission would increase the plan allocation by at least ten per cent.
Any increase in the state plan allocation would be incorporated and he would again seek the approval of the state legislature in the form of second supplementary demand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report