Mizoram Assembly passes Budget
Aizawl: Mizoram Assembly on Thursday passed the annual Budget for 2013-14 amounting to Rs 5,245.34 crore.
The Budget comprised of non-plan provision amounting to Rs 2,945.11 crore, plan allocation of Rs 2,300 crore and CSS amounting to Rs 22.86 lakh.
Mizoram Finance Minister Liansailova who had presented the Budget on March 15 in his Budget speech said that though the Planning Commission was yet to allocate the state annual plan outlay for 2013-14, he presented a regular Budget without vote-on-account in the final year of this ministry`s tenure.
He said that he kept the plan size as that of the current fiscal`s plan allocation at Rs 2,300 crore though it was expected that the Planning Commission would increase the plan allocation by at least ten per cent.
Any increase in the state plan allocation would be incorporated and he would again seek the approval of the state legislature in the form of second supplementary demand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read