Mizoram Assembly passes Budget
Aizawl: Mizoram Assembly on Thursday passed the annual Budget for 2013-14 amounting to Rs 5,245.34 crore.
The Budget comprised of non-plan provision amounting to Rs 2,945.11 crore, plan allocation of Rs 2,300 crore and CSS amounting to Rs 22.86 lakh.
Mizoram Finance Minister Liansailova who had presented the Budget on March 15 in his Budget speech said that though the Planning Commission was yet to allocate the state annual plan outlay for 2013-14, he presented a regular Budget without vote-on-account in the final year of this ministry`s tenure.
He said that he kept the plan size as that of the current fiscal`s plan allocation at Rs 2,300 crore though it was expected that the Planning Commission would increase the plan allocation by at least ten per cent.
Any increase in the state plan allocation would be incorporated and he would again seek the approval of the state legislature in the form of second supplementary demand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das