Mizoram buys Insas rifles for armed battalions
Aizawl: The Mizoram government has so
far purchased 1,280 INSAS rifles from the Rifle Factory,
Icchapore in West Bengal with permission from the Ministry of
Home Affairs, state home minister R. Lalzirliana informed the
state assembly Monday.
Replying to a question from Lalduhoma of the Zoram
Nationalist Party (ZNP), Lalzirliana said that the state
government paid Rs 28,352 for each indigenous rifle and full
payment had been made.
The state police department received the consignment
on July two this year, he said, adding that INSAS rifles were
distributed to all the armed battalions in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi