Mizoram buys Insas rifles for armed battalions
Aizawl: The Mizoram government has so
far purchased 1,280 INSAS rifles from the Rifle Factory,
Icchapore in West Bengal with permission from the Ministry of
Home Affairs, state home minister R. Lalzirliana informed the
state assembly Monday.
Replying to a question from Lalduhoma of the Zoram
Nationalist Party (ZNP), Lalzirliana said that the state
government paid Rs 28,352 for each indigenous rifle and full
payment had been made.
The state police department received the consignment
on July two this year, he said, adding that INSAS rifles were
distributed to all the armed battalions in the state.
- Pakistan knew about Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad hideout: Hillary Clinton
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics
- PM Narendra Modi may quash MPs' dreams of 100% salary hike - Know why
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Know Vijay Mallya's Rajya Sabha journey