Mizoram buys Insas rifles for armed battalions
Aizawl: The Mizoram government has so
far purchased 1,280 INSAS rifles from the Rifle Factory,
Icchapore in West Bengal with permission from the Ministry of
Home Affairs, state home minister R. Lalzirliana informed the
state assembly Monday.
Replying to a question from Lalduhoma of the Zoram
Nationalist Party (ZNP), Lalzirliana said that the state
government paid Rs 28,352 for each indigenous rifle and full
payment had been made.
The state police department received the consignment
on July two this year, he said, adding that INSAS rifles were
distributed to all the armed battalions in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites