Mizoram buys Insas rifles for armed battalions
Aizawl: The Mizoram government has so
far purchased 1,280 INSAS rifles from the Rifle Factory,
Icchapore in West Bengal with permission from the Ministry of
Home Affairs, state home minister R. Lalzirliana informed the
state assembly Monday.
Replying to a question from Lalduhoma of the Zoram
Nationalist Party (ZNP), Lalzirliana said that the state
government paid Rs 28,352 for each indigenous rifle and full
payment had been made.
The state police department received the consignment
on July two this year, he said, adding that INSAS rifles were
distributed to all the armed battalions in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living