Mizoram buys Insas rifles for armed battalions
Aizawl: The Mizoram government has so
far purchased 1,280 INSAS rifles from the Rifle Factory,
Icchapore in West Bengal with permission from the Ministry of
Home Affairs, state home minister R. Lalzirliana informed the
state assembly Monday.
Replying to a question from Lalduhoma of the Zoram
Nationalist Party (ZNP), Lalzirliana said that the state
government paid Rs 28,352 for each indigenous rifle and full
payment had been made.
The state police department received the consignment
on July two this year, he said, adding that INSAS rifles were
distributed to all the armed battalions in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video