Mizoram celebrates Independence Day
Aizawl: Independence Day was on Wednesday celebrated all over Mizoram with fervour and without any untoward incident in any part of the state.
Governor Vakkom Purushothaman hoisted the national flag at the Raj Bhavan.
While parades by armed police and students marked the celebrations in the Assam Rifles ground in Aizawl, similar ones were undertaken in the seven district headquarters and towns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'
- Amarnath Yatra: J&K DGP reviews security arrangements
- Eoin Morgan picks Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni in All-time XI, no place for Sachin Tendulkar
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final