Mizoram Chalfilh assembly byelection on Feb 23
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Electoral Officer K Riachho on Monday said that the state election department was ready to hold the by-polls to the Chalfilh assembly seat on February 23 and the summary revision of rolls would be published tomorrow.
Addressing a press conference here, Riachho said that provisional electorate of the Chalfilh assembly seat was 10,754.
The security situation in the constituency, dominated by the Hmar community, and by and large controlled by the Hmar People`s Convention-Democrats, would be assessed by the state home department, he said.
He said that the election model code of conduct was in place from Friday, the day the Election Commission of India announced the elections.
The Chalfilh seat was lying vacant after the demise of Parliamentary Secretary Chawngtinthanga of the ruling Congress on September 16 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you