Mizoram Chalfilh assembly byelection on Feb 23
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Electoral Officer K Riachho on Monday said that the state election department was ready to hold the by-polls to the Chalfilh assembly seat on February 23 and the summary revision of rolls would be published tomorrow.
Addressing a press conference here, Riachho said that provisional electorate of the Chalfilh assembly seat was 10,754.
The security situation in the constituency, dominated by the Hmar community, and by and large controlled by the Hmar People`s Convention-Democrats, would be assessed by the state home department, he said.
He said that the election model code of conduct was in place from Friday, the day the Election Commission of India announced the elections.
The Chalfilh seat was lying vacant after the demise of Parliamentary Secretary Chawngtinthanga of the ruling Congress on September 16 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB