Mizoram governor to take additional charge of Tripura
Agartala: Mizoram Governor Vakkom B Purushothaman will take who additional charge of Tripura on Monday.
Purshothaman who arrived here this morning, took a guard of honour from the security forces at the Rajbhavan in the presence of Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and other members of the council of members.
Purusothaman was later introduced to the ministers and other dignitaries by the Chief Minister.
He will take oath of office and secrecy at the lawn of the Rajbavan in the evening at 5 PM.
The term of the previous Governor Debananda Konwar had expired on Saturday last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble