Mizoram governor to take additional charge of Tripura
Agartala: Mizoram Governor Vakkom B Purushothaman will take who additional charge of Tripura on Monday.
Purshothaman who arrived here this morning, took a guard of honour from the security forces at the Rajbhavan in the presence of Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and other members of the council of members.
Purusothaman was later introduced to the ministers and other dignitaries by the Chief Minister.
He will take oath of office and secrecy at the lawn of the Rajbavan in the evening at 5 PM.
The term of the previous Governor Debananda Konwar had expired on Saturday last.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents