Mizoram govt announces roll back of hiked parking fees
Aizawl: Mizoram government today
announced roll back on vehicle parking fees which had been
increased up to 500 per cent, while the three opposition party
combine`s call for `non-cooperation` passed off peacefully.
The roll back decision was made at a meeting of the
state transport authority, Transport Minister P C
Zoramsangliana told a press conference.
Parking fees were hiked to 500 per cent for light
motor vehicles and to 400 per cent for two wheelers from May
one drawing flak from opposition parties, Mizoram Consumer
Union and various other organisations in the state.
In the new rates, the parking fees were hiked in most
of the cases to 50 per cent and the parking time for first
payment was, however, reduced from three hours to one hour,
the minister said.
Meanwhile, youth wings of three major opposition
parties - the Mizo National Front (MNF), the Mizoram People`s
Conference (MPC) and the Zoram Nationalist Party (ZNP) --
launched a non-cooperation stir from today in protest against
Aizawl District SP Lalbiakthanga Khiangte said no
untoward incident was reported from anywhere as the State
Transport Authority already instructed that no parking fee
should be taken for today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!