Mizoram govt expresses optimism on Indo-Bangla trade
Aizawl: Mizoram government on Sunday expressed optimism that the proposed Indo-Bangladesh border trade in the Mizoram sector would soon become a reality after a meeting of ministers of Bangladesh and Mizoram.
Mizoram Trade and Commerce Minister Lalrinliana Sailo and Bangladesh Minister for Chittagong Hill Tracts Dipankar Talukdar held a meeting yesterday on the banks of Khawthlangtuipui or Karnaphuli on Bangladesh side where it was decided to expedite border trade activities and strengthen bilateral ties.
Sailo told PTI over phone from Lunglei that a concrete step had been taken between the two sides in the meeting attended by the Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh Pankaj Saran and top officials of the Bangladesh government.
The meeting decided to constitute a joint inspection team to oversee the progress of construction of infrastructures at both the border trade centres to be initiated by the Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh, he said.
He added that a boat race contest would be organised at the river Khawthlangtuipui on January 31 where people from both south Mizoram`s Lunglei district and Chittagong Hill Tracts in Bangladesh would participate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read