Mizoram govt expresses optimism on Indo-Bangla trade
Aizawl: Mizoram government on Sunday expressed optimism that the proposed Indo-Bangladesh border trade in the Mizoram sector would soon become a reality after a meeting of ministers of Bangladesh and Mizoram.
Mizoram Trade and Commerce Minister Lalrinliana Sailo and Bangladesh Minister for Chittagong Hill Tracts Dipankar Talukdar held a meeting yesterday on the banks of Khawthlangtuipui or Karnaphuli on Bangladesh side where it was decided to expedite border trade activities and strengthen bilateral ties.
Sailo told PTI over phone from Lunglei that a concrete step had been taken between the two sides in the meeting attended by the Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh Pankaj Saran and top officials of the Bangladesh government.
The meeting decided to constitute a joint inspection team to oversee the progress of construction of infrastructures at both the border trade centres to be initiated by the Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh, he said.
He added that a boat race contest would be organised at the river Khawthlangtuipui on January 31 where people from both south Mizoram`s Lunglei district and Chittagong Hill Tracts in Bangladesh would participate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor
- Congress' '27 saal, UP behaal' yatra reaches Amethi
- Centre trying to run Delhi indirectly, says Sisodia
- Rio Olympics fallout: OP Jaisha alleges official apathy, AFI refutes charge
- Wriddhiman Saha, Ravichandran Ashwin biggest positives in this series: Virat Kohli