Mizoram govt okays repatriation of Bru refugees
Aizawl: Mizoram government, in consultation
with major political parties and NGOs, has agreed to the
resumption of repatriation of Bru refugees lodged in the six
relief camps in North Tripura, a senior home department
The official, who attended the meeting of state home
department officials and representatives of political parties,
NGOs and student bodies, in the office of the home minister R
Lalzirliana yesterday said reptriation may resume by April.
"The meeting agreed to the resumption of Bru
repatriation after the Centre agreed to rehabilitate and
resettle the 83 displaced Mizo families, driven out from
Sakhan range in Tripura in 1998," he said.
The repatriation of Bru refugees was stalled during
last June as political parties and NGOs demanded
rehabilitation of displaced Mizo families as was done to the
Though no date was formally fixed for the resumption
of repatriation, the state government thought that it should
be conducted before the onset of monsoon, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie