Mizoram govt to repatriate Bru refugees
Aizawl: Mizoram government would go ahead with the fourth phase of repatriation of Bru refugees from the relief camps in North Tripura even as only seven families have returned till date, state home minister R Lalzirliana said here today.
Lalzirliana said that attempt would be made to bring back 79 families from Hajacherra relief camp on Friday (May 11).
While 669 families were proposed to be brought back during the fourth phase of repatriation scheduled to be conducted during April 26 to May 15.
Officials said that the proposal to bring back 147 families from Kaskau relief camp on May 15 would be reconsidered as only six families out of 149 families proposed to be brought back returned to Mizoram on May eight.
Officials, assigned to conduct the repatriation process would be leaving for the relief camps today while some officials would also be posted at the two facilitation camps at Kanhmun and Zomuantlang, the two villages along the Mizoram-Tripura border tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic