Mizoram govt to repatriate Bru refugees
Aizawl: Mizoram government would go ahead with the fourth phase of repatriation of Bru refugees from the relief camps in North Tripura even as only seven families have returned till date, state home minister R Lalzirliana said here today.
Lalzirliana said that attempt would be made to bring back 79 families from Hajacherra relief camp on Friday (May 11).
While 669 families were proposed to be brought back during the fourth phase of repatriation scheduled to be conducted during April 26 to May 15.
Officials said that the proposal to bring back 147 families from Kaskau relief camp on May 15 would be reconsidered as only six families out of 149 families proposed to be brought back returned to Mizoram on May eight.
Officials, assigned to conduct the repatriation process would be leaving for the relief camps today while some officials would also be posted at the two facilitation camps at Kanhmun and Zomuantlang, the two villages along the Mizoram-Tripura border tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28
- Watch video: Baby bison is attacked by a wolf – what happens next will give you goosebumps!
- Kejriwal gives one week deadline to discoms to solve outages problem