Mizoram govt to repatriate Bru refugees
Aizawl: Mizoram government would go ahead with the fourth phase of repatriation of Bru refugees from the relief camps in North Tripura even as only seven families have returned till date, state home minister R Lalzirliana said here today.
Lalzirliana said that attempt would be made to bring back 79 families from Hajacherra relief camp on Friday (May 11).
While 669 families were proposed to be brought back during the fourth phase of repatriation scheduled to be conducted during April 26 to May 15.
Officials said that the proposal to bring back 147 families from Kaskau relief camp on May 15 would be reconsidered as only six families out of 149 families proposed to be brought back returned to Mizoram on May eight.
Officials, assigned to conduct the repatriation process would be leaving for the relief camps today while some officials would also be posted at the two facilitation camps at Kanhmun and Zomuantlang, the two villages along the Mizoram-Tripura border tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak