Mizoram govt yet to get central fund for Bru repatriation
Aizawl: The Centre has sanctioned Rs 9.7 crore for resumption of repatriation of Bru refugees from Tripura relief camps but the money was yet to be credited in
Mizoram government`s account, official sources said here on Saturday.
The Union Finance Ministry had sanctioned the money on February 2, the sources said.
Non-availability of funds had stalled the resumption of repatriation of Bru refugees even as Shambu Singh, Joint Secretary (North East) of Union Home Ministry had urged the Mizoram government to resume the repatriation process by February 10.
Authorities of Mamit district, which lies on Mizoram-Tripura border, said the repatriation could be resumed as soon as funds were made available.
"We have already completed the identification process in all the six relief camps in North Tripura and we are waiting for the fund," Mamit district official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series
- I-T dept identifies 90 lakh high-value transactions without PAN; to seek details
- Capital flows out of China slowing: Beijing
- Sensex drops 205 points, worst single-day fall in a month
- Bribery case: Fresh probe ordered against former Kerala Minister AK Babu