Mizoram govt yet to get central fund for Bru repatriation
Aizawl: The Centre has sanctioned Rs 9.7 crore for resumption of repatriation of Bru refugees from Tripura relief camps but the money was yet to be credited in
Mizoram government`s account, official sources said here on Saturday.
The Union Finance Ministry had sanctioned the money on February 2, the sources said.
Non-availability of funds had stalled the resumption of repatriation of Bru refugees even as Shambu Singh, Joint Secretary (North East) of Union Home Ministry had urged the Mizoram government to resume the repatriation process by February 10.
Authorities of Mamit district, which lies on Mizoram-Tripura border, said the repatriation could be resumed as soon as funds were made available.
"We have already completed the identification process in all the six relief camps in North Tripura and we are waiting for the fund," Mamit district official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive