Mizoram govt yet to get central fund for Bru repatriation
Aizawl: The Centre has sanctioned Rs 9.7 crore for resumption of repatriation of Bru refugees from Tripura relief camps but the money was yet to be credited in
Mizoram government`s account, official sources said here on Saturday.
The Union Finance Ministry had sanctioned the money on February 2, the sources said.
Non-availability of funds had stalled the resumption of repatriation of Bru refugees even as Shambu Singh, Joint Secretary (North East) of Union Home Ministry had urged the Mizoram government to resume the repatriation process by February 10.
Authorities of Mamit district, which lies on Mizoram-Tripura border, said the repatriation could be resumed as soon as funds were made available.
"We have already completed the identification process in all the six relief camps in North Tripura and we are waiting for the fund," Mamit district official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference