Mizoram govt yet to get central fund for Bru repatriation
Aizawl: The Centre has sanctioned Rs 9.7 crore for resumption of repatriation of Bru refugees from Tripura relief camps but the money was yet to be credited in
Mizoram government`s account, official sources said here on Saturday.
The Union Finance Ministry had sanctioned the money on February 2, the sources said.
Non-availability of funds had stalled the resumption of repatriation of Bru refugees even as Shambu Singh, Joint Secretary (North East) of Union Home Ministry had urged the Mizoram government to resume the repatriation process by February 10.
Authorities of Mamit district, which lies on Mizoram-Tripura border, said the repatriation could be resumed as soon as funds were made available.
"We have already completed the identification process in all the six relief camps in North Tripura and we are waiting for the fund," Mamit district official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon