Mizoram landslide toll rises to 15
Aizawl: With the recovery of three more bodies on Tuesday, the death toll in the May 11 landslide that swept away 11 houses in the capital of the northeastern Mizoram state has risen to 15, officials said.
"At least 25 people, including women, were injured and are being treated in a government hospital. A search is on for three people who were reported missing after the landslide," a Mizoram relief and rehabilitation department official said.
Following incessant rains for the past one week, landslides at Laipuitland locality in north Aizawl here early Saturday morning swept away 11 houses, killing eight people on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days