Mizoram landslide toll rises to 15
Aizawl: With the recovery of three more bodies on Tuesday, the death toll in the May 11 landslide that swept away 11 houses in the capital of the northeastern Mizoram state has risen to 15, officials said.
"At least 25 people, including women, were injured and are being treated in a government hospital. A search is on for three people who were reported missing after the landslide," a Mizoram relief and rehabilitation department official said.
Following incessant rains for the past one week, landslides at Laipuitland locality in north Aizawl here early Saturday morning swept away 11 houses, killing eight people on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'