Mizoram lokayukta by Feb 28 says minister
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla is likely to convene a meeting of the council of ministers soon to establish Lokayukta in the state, Law Minister Lalsawta said on Monday.
The minister said he did not see any reason why the state government would not be able to meet the February 28 deadline set by Congress High Command for establishment of a Lokayukta in the state.
A meeting of Congress High Command and Congress-ruled chief ministers on December 27 has decided that Lokayukta will be established in the Congress-ruled states by February 28, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!