Mizoram lokayukta by Feb 28 says minister
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla is likely to convene a meeting of the council of ministers soon to establish Lokayukta in the state, Law Minister Lalsawta said on Monday.
The minister said he did not see any reason why the state government would not be able to meet the February 28 deadline set by Congress High Command for establishment of a Lokayukta in the state.
A meeting of Congress High Command and Congress-ruled chief ministers on December 27 has decided that Lokayukta will be established in the Congress-ruled states by February 28, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video