Mizoram making process for early resumption of repatriation
Aizawl: Mizoram government was making arrangements for the early resumption of the process of self-repatriation of Bru refugees from the six relief camps in North Tripura`s Kanchanpur Sub-Division, joint secretary in the Mizoram Home department, Lalbiakzama said.
After returning from Tripura where a team of officials both from Mizoram and Tripura visited the relief camps on Thursday and Friday last, Lalbiakzama told PTI that they organised meetings in all the camps and apprised the refugees of the government`s plans for self-repatriation.
"Some of the refugee leaders asked for increase of rehabilitation and resettlement package from Rs 80,000 to Rs 1.5 lakh and also extension of the provision of free ration from one year to two years," he said, adding that the refugees were informed by the officials that the package and the duration of providing free ration were decided by the Union Home Ministry, not by the state governments of Mizoram and Tripura.
The officials told the refugees that it would no longer be the responsibility of the Mizoram government if they refuse to return to Mizoram and the free ration would be discontinued after September this year.
Lalbiakzama said that the Home department sought allocation of rice for distribution from the state food, civil supplies and consumer affairs as a free ration to the refugees once they voluntarily return to Mizoram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi