Mizoram observes `Good Friday`
Aizawl: Good Friday, commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary, was observed with religious solemnity in Mizoram Friday.
Catholic Church members took out a procession in Aizawl and other places and held mass to commemorate the sufferings of Christ on the Cross.
Church bells rang all over the state as people went to worship and priests and preachers delivered sermons in churches.
The Presbyterian Church priests also organised Eucharist in many churches across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16