Mizoram observes `Good Friday`
Aizawl: Good Friday, commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary, was observed with religious solemnity in Mizoram Friday.
Catholic Church members took out a procession in Aizawl and other places and held mass to commemorate the sufferings of Christ on the Cross.
Church bells rang all over the state as people went to worship and priests and preachers delivered sermons in churches.
The Presbyterian Church priests also organised Eucharist in many churches across the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference