Mizoram observes `Good Friday`
Aizawl: Good Friday, commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary, was observed with religious solemnity in Mizoram Friday.
Catholic Church members took out a procession in Aizawl and other places and held mass to commemorate the sufferings of Christ on the Cross.
Church bells rang all over the state as people went to worship and priests and preachers delivered sermons in churches.
The Presbyterian Church priests also organised Eucharist in many churches across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra