Mizoram police takes custody of 3 Bru militants
Aizawl: The police in Kolasib district on the Mizoram-Assam border have secured the custody of three Bru militants, wanted in the state for murder and abduction from the jail in neighbouring Assam`s Hailakandi district prison.
The police said that one of the militants, arrested by the Assam police earlier, was Doino Ram Reang, self-styled president of the United Democratic Liberation of Barak Valley.
The trio was wanted by the Mizoram police for a murder case at Thinglian village and the abduction of three executives of the Assam-based road construction company - Anupam Bricks and Concrete Industries Limited (ABCIL) on June 6, 2011.
A team of the Mizoram Police commando rescued the three captives after a shoot-out with the abductors a few weeks later.
Doino Reang denied that his organisation was involved in the abduction while some senior police officials also suspected that the kidnapping was done by United Democratic Liberation Army (UDLA) a breakaway faction of the UDLFB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog