Mizoram police takes custody of 3 Bru militants
Aizawl: The police in Kolasib district on the Mizoram-Assam border have secured the custody of three Bru militants, wanted in the state for murder and abduction from the jail in neighbouring Assam`s Hailakandi district prison.
The police said that one of the militants, arrested by the Assam police earlier, was Doino Ram Reang, self-styled president of the United Democratic Liberation of Barak Valley.
The trio was wanted by the Mizoram police for a murder case at Thinglian village and the abduction of three executives of the Assam-based road construction company - Anupam Bricks and Concrete Industries Limited (ABCIL) on June 6, 2011.
A team of the Mizoram Police commando rescued the three captives after a shoot-out with the abductors a few weeks later.
Doino Reang denied that his organisation was involved in the abduction while some senior police officials also suspected that the kidnapping was done by United Democratic Liberation Army (UDLA) a breakaway faction of the UDLFB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player