Mizoram police takes custody of 3 Bru militants
Aizawl: The police in Kolasib district on the Mizoram-Assam border have secured the custody of three Bru militants, wanted in the state for murder and abduction from the jail in neighbouring Assam`s Hailakandi district prison.
The police said that one of the militants, arrested by the Assam police earlier, was Doino Ram Reang, self-styled president of the United Democratic Liberation of Barak Valley.
The trio was wanted by the Mizoram police for a murder case at Thinglian village and the abduction of three executives of the Assam-based road construction company - Anupam Bricks and Concrete Industries Limited (ABCIL) on June 6, 2011.
A team of the Mizoram Police commando rescued the three captives after a shoot-out with the abductors a few weeks later.
Doino Reang denied that his organisation was involved in the abduction while some senior police officials also suspected that the kidnapping was done by United Democratic Liberation Army (UDLA) a breakaway faction of the UDLFB.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Each passing year is a reward for me, says Amitabh Bachchan on his 73rd birthday
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off