Mizoram seeks Centre`s help on financial situation
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Monday met Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh in Delhi and sought his help to tide over the financial crisis being faced by the state government.
Singh expressed his desire of helping the state as far as he could to overcome the fiscal problems, an official statement said here.
State finance department officials told PTI that the government has submitted an appeal to the Union Finance Ministry to provide around Rs 500 crore so as to offset the fiscal crunch arising out of the implementation of the Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations.
Lal Thanhawla had met UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi last week and sought her support in the matter.
The Chief Minister and the Prime Minister also discussed how to broker peace with the Kuki National Organisation of Manipur, the statement said.
Lal Thanhawla on Saturday had discussed the KNO dialogue issue with Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and expressed regret that the Centre and the Manipur government did not properly respond to the peace overtures by the Kuki outfit which, he said, observed the ceasefire with earnest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH