Mizoram seeks Centre`s help on financial situation
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Monday met Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh in Delhi and sought his help to tide over the financial crisis being faced by the state government.
Singh expressed his desire of helping the state as far as he could to overcome the fiscal problems, an official statement said here.
State finance department officials told PTI that the government has submitted an appeal to the Union Finance Ministry to provide around Rs 500 crore so as to offset the fiscal crunch arising out of the implementation of the Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations.
Lal Thanhawla had met UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi last week and sought her support in the matter.
The Chief Minister and the Prime Minister also discussed how to broker peace with the Kuki National Organisation of Manipur, the statement said.
Lal Thanhawla on Saturday had discussed the KNO dialogue issue with Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde and expressed regret that the Centre and the Manipur government did not properly respond to the peace overtures by the Kuki outfit which, he said, observed the ceasefire with earnest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof