Mizoram sets up anti-human trafficking wing
Aizawl: Mizoram governor Lt Gen (Retd) M
M Lakhera Tuesday said the state government has set up
Anti-Human Trafficking Unit under the police department.
In his address in the state legislature on the first
day of the Budget Session, Lakhera said maintaining peace and
tranquillity and securing the safety of the citizens has
always remained a top priority of the government.
"The government has set up the economic offence wing
and the anti-human trafficking unit to meet the emerging
challenges," he said, adding that the crime and criminal
tracking and network system was being undertaken to empower
the state police with information technology to detect and
fight crimes nationwide on a real time basis.
He expressed confidence that under peaceful
atmosphere, New Land Use Policy (NLUP), officially launched on
January 14 would bring about revolutionary changes towards
economic self-sufficiency and poverty alleviation.
Outlining the developmental projects taken up by the
government during the current fiscal, the governor said
construction of 100 km of double-lane highway between south
Mizoram`s Lawngtlai town and Myanmar border under Kaladan
Multi-modal Transit Transport Project has begun.
"The recently installed Instrumental Landing System
Cat-I at the lone Lengpui Airport is expected to be
commissioned shortly," governor said.
Under MGNREGS, 116.45 lakh mandays have been generated
he said, adding that 1,448 rural households living below
poverty line have been provided assistance under Indira Awaas
Yojana for construction and upgradation of houses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP